The Dash Cam is an instrument that records relevant information such as images and sounds on the way of the vehicle. After the Dash Cam is installed, it can record the video images and sounds of the whole process of the car, which can provide evidence for traffic accidents. Installing the dash cam is not difficult, just install the dash cam to a suitable position, be careful not to affect the driver’s line of sight.
How to install the Dash Cam
Step 1. Insert the memory card into the card slot of the Dash Cam, paying attention to the front and back.
Step 2. Install the glass bracket and the Dash Cam.
Step 3. Clean the windshield with a car towel, install the Dash Cam in a suitable position, and be careful not to affect the driver’s sight.
Step 4. Plan how to wire, whether to go directly to the cigarette lighter, or to connect to other places.
Step 5. Insert the power plug of the Dash Cam into the car cigarette lighter, turn on the display screen of the Dash Cam, adjust the angle, and connect the power cord of the Dash Cam.
Step 6. After installation, check and test whether the function is normal.
How to wire the Dash Cam
1. The location where the Dash Cam is installed, the closer the rear view is to the car, the better. First, the angle of shooting in the center is larger, and second, the impact of the installation near the interior rearview mirror on the line of sight of the front block is minimal. I installed the dash cam between the interior rearview mirror and the front windshield, which is the most central position. When installing in this position, pay attention, if the recorder is too close to the inner rearview mirror, it may affect the adjustment angle of the inner rearview mirror. When I installed it, I didn’t pay attention to it. The Dash Cam was too close to the interior rearview mirror. As a result, when the angle was adjusted, the dash cam was displaced and fell off, so I had to stick the base again.
2. Try not to disassemble anything in the car in the wiring method of the Dash Cam, so there are only three simple prying boards, double-sided tape and 3M glue to use. The prying board can easily store the cable of the dash cam in the trim panel; of course, if you feel that your hands are amazing, you can complete the wiring directly by hand without the prying board. Double-sided tape is used to stick one of the power cords, which will be mentioned below. As for 3M glue, it can be used to fix the base of the dash cam, and it can also fix larger wiring harnesses.
3. After you have determined the installation location of the Dash Cam, the first thing to do is to figure out the location of the wiring, and see how the wiring can hide the wiring as much as possible. This step seems to be the simplest, but it is actually the most critical link. Whether the final effect of the wiring is beautiful or not depends on your own prediction. Next, you need to check the situation of the wiring passing parts: the interior materials of the car are divided into soft and hard. If it is a soft material, the wiring is easy to operate. Just press and press the dash cam. Plug the power cord in; if you encounter hard materials, you can only use the prying board to pry open the gap and then plug the power cord in.
4. For models equipped with side air curtains, we should be careful when wiring, and pay attention to bypass the position where the air curtains bounce to avoid affecting the air curtain work at critical moments.
5. For the wiring operation of the Dash Cam, it is recommended to start from the USB power interface of the recorder, that is, let the wire “go” toward the roof first. Roof location routing is easy, we just tuck the wires into the gap between the roof trim and the glass. The operation here can be easily solved by hand, and the wiring effect can be more perfect by using a prying board as an auxiliary plugging wire.
6. When plugging the wire to the A-pillar position, we have to operate according to the situation. For models equipped with A-pillar side air curtains, the trim panel at the side air curtain position will be relatively soft. Control it properly to avoid damaging the trim panel; for models without A-pillar side air curtains, we just plug the wires in directly. The vehicle we used to demonstrate this time is not equipped with side air curtains, just plug the wire into the gap between the hard and soft A-pillar trim panels.
7. After the cable was dropped from the A-pillar, we found that the trim panel of the glove box part of the vehicle was sealed, and the cable could not be directly penetrated into the glove box after it was dropped from the A-pillar. When encountering a vehicle of this construction, we can only let the line continue to go down. Breaking open the sealing strip of the door frame, we were able to easily tuck the wire in and continue down the wire.
8. After the power cord passes through the gap of the pedal smoothly, there are two options for the next wiring: first, go directly through the carpet to the bottom of the glove box, find a position to fix the power cord, and finally route the open wire to the cigarette lighter. Second, continue to lay the dark line across the glove box, and then walk the open line to the cigarette lighter. I choose the second method, because the wiring is better visually and more secure, but it is also more troublesome to operate.
9. Finally, plug in the cigarette lighter socket of the power cord and confirm that the dash cam can be powered on and started normally, and the wiring operation is complete.